Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Journey...Ripped from what I called home

Rewinding to the year 2007,not being given a choice i up and left for Cape Town. Numb, i boarded the flight, felt the warm stream flow from my eye...a sign of anger and pain i kept my head high but inside i begun to break, the cracks begun to give in...I FELT LOST, UNWANTED and BROKEN for THEY did not understand, for THEY just let go...i became...THE FORGOTTEN BROKEN DIAMOND.... this is when i knew things were never gonna be the same.

This piece was written on Tuesday 14th August... No longer could i hold it in.
                           BROKEN DIAMOND


Somedays i wake up hoping I would be in a place I know
To pick up the phone and make plans
Plans with people I know,people that understood me.
They promised
They promised never to forget me...
I didn't know.
I wasn't told...
If i had known...i wouldn't have left
I wouldn't have let them RIP me away from the place I loved to hate yet hated to love.
I was stripped of all i Had...
For my identity has gone with all I had.
For my soul has gone back
Back to where I called home.
I am empty...
Lost
Lost in a place where the smiles mask frowns
Where I have to accept the fact that I DO NOT BELONG.
In a place where my true friend is my poetry
Where my tissue is the paper on which I cry.
I cry for I am alone...
I tried to tell you
I tried to scream but to you it was a whisper
I tried to stand but i have no back bone
My spirit like worthless grains of sand
Blown away by the winds of sorrow
For I have no one
For i have my words
I mask my emotions for I must
For i am shunned at my expressions of pain
for i can no longer breath.
I didn't know
I never knew...
I wish i knew...
but they never told me...
why didn't they say anything.
why have i become forsaken by them
the ones I cried to
the ones I spoke to
the ones I trusted.
now i know what they meant
what the others feel
the ones we chose to ignore
the ones we forgot.
but I didn't know.
i didn't ask...
i thought...
i thought i...
I thought I would be able to go back...
i was sure you remembered me...
but you have changed...CLAIMING
that I was the one for you refused
you refused to accept
you refused to see who I really am.
if only I knew...
If only I had asked...
but i didn't have it...
If i knew you would have changed...
i would have come...
i came but you didn't recognize me for i had changed...
if only I knew...
I wish i had known
Now I'm back to where it all began
I am lost
I am alone for you
you promised...
IF ONLY I KNEW...!

No comments:

Post a Comment